What is Massage Therapy?
Massage therapy is the manipulation of the soft tissues of the body including muscles, connective tissue, tendons, ligaments and joints. Massage therapy helps to alleviate the soft tissue discomfort associated with every day and occupational stresses, muscular overuse and many chronic pain conditions. If employed early enough after accidents involving trauma and injury, massage therapy can greatly reduce the development of painful muscular patterning.
How is therapeutic massage an important part of your health maintenance plan?
- reducing or eliminating pain
- improving joint mobility
- improving circulation
- improving immune system functioning
- increasing lymphatic drainage
- reducing depression and anxiety
- reducing tension within muscles
- increasing body awareness
What Conditions are treatable with Massage Therapy?
- stress management
- chronic pain
- nerve impingement
- multiple sclerosis/Parkinson’s
- frozen shoulder
- tennis/golfer’s elbow
- carpal tunnel syndrome
- piriformis syndrome
- plantar faciitis