Registered dietitians are food and nutrition experts who help separate fact from fiction. They are trained to counsel and support clients to make changes in their eating habits to promote health and prevent chronic illnesses. Dietitians translate scientific research into practical solutions to help you meet your goals for healthy living.
Why should I consult a dietitian?
- Learn how to plan, shop for and cook healthy meals for your family
- Learn how to interpret food labels, the latest food trends and diets
- improve your relationship with food
- Prevent and manage chronic diseases like diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, cancer and kidney disease
- Get support with your weight management goals
- Help manage your food allergies, intolerances and digestive disorders
- Get optimum nutrition through your pregnancy journey
- Learn how to feed your baby, a “picky” eater, or an active teenager
- Get advice on whether you need a vitamin or mineral supplement based on your health needs.
Look for the title “Registered Dietitian” and the initials RD to be sure you are accessing a regulated health professional who can provide you with trustworthy food and nutrition advice. ‘Nutritionist’ is not a protected title in Ontario, which means anyone can use it.